Tue, Dec 07|
POWER FLOW YOGA ON THE FARM
“Power Flow is an enhanced version of yoga that focuses on strength, endurance, and focus. Open to all who accept a challenge, we connect breath to body, and create strength through dedication and honor of ourself.”
Time & Location
Dec 07, 2021, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Pleasant Garden, 500 E Steeple Chase Rd, Pleasant Garden, NC 27313, USA
About the event
WHY would I want to exercise OUTSIDE in the colder months!?
Information on how exercising in cold weather is great for your body:
- In colder weather the body works harder; it allows your cardiovascular system (the heart) to perform better in warmer situations and it helps to prevent heart issues in the future. By practicing more in the cold your body becomes more immune to the effects of less than stellar conditions.
- By simply being outdoors in the Winter you are helping your immune system to ward off potential viruses; your body becomes more prepared to fight off seasonal allergies and colds by becoming more in tune to the natural weather changes around you.
- Exercise is proven to be 4 times more effective than taking antidepressants. This is because by being outdoors and challenging your body, especially in the Winter, it causes our brain to resort back to a sense of primal accomplishment. Our bodies were made to move and by challenging ourselves we create that drive to do more and aspire to be better. "A body in motion tends to stay in motion."
- We burn more calories in colder weather; the body is working harder to keep our core temperature stabilized and by doing so it kicks our metabolism into a higher gear.
- It can improve endurance, enhance focus, and give us a higher sense of energy.
“These were some of the main facts I found and have learned from over the years.” - Kayla from Rooted Studio and yoga instructor for “Yoga on the farm” classes at A Different View Equine Center